The latest findings from the Seven Countries Study
The study is still actively generating new findings 50 years and more after its inception. The emphasis of current research is on identifying novel risk factors for CHD and death and predictors of healthy ageing, and on resolving controversies such as the role of saturated fat and other dietary factors in coronary heart disease.
Overview of recent findings
- Serum cholesterol predicted coronary but not other heart disease. Read on PubMed.
- Telomere length not related to all-cause mortality in elderly men from the Netherlands. Read on PubMed.
- Cretan elderly men have longer telomeres than elderly men from the Netherlands. Read on PubMed.
- Self-rated and physician-rated health associated with all-cause mortality. Read on PubMed.
- Optimism may prevent loneliness in older men. Read on PubMed.
- Confusion about fatty acid recommendations. Read on PubMed.